The toll in the twin blasts that hit a market in Pakistan’s Parachinar city has increased to 67, the media reported.
According to a senior official, the toll increased after 22 people succumbed to their injuries on Saturday, reports Xinhua news agency.
At least 140 people are still hospitalised, adding that the toll may further increased as several of them are in critical condition.
The attacks took place on Friday when terrorists triggered a low intensity blast amid people busy shopping at a downtown market for the upcoming Eid festival.
The first blast was used as a decoy to lure more people to the site for the second attack. Few minutes after the first explosion when hundreds of people gathered around the site to witness the rescue work, a much bigger blast occurred only metres away.
According to the local media reports, the twin explosions were triggered with remote-controlled devices.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
Following the incident, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said security had been tightened across the country and special intelligence based operations and search operations were launched.
President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attacks.
“These cowardly attacks are a sign of growing frustration of terrorists and extremists. Such elements deserved no mercy and would meet their fate soon in view of the unflinching and united resolve of the entire nation against terrorism and extremism,” Sharif said.