The Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) is seeking Expressions of Interest from individuals across all geographic regions of Victoria to become a member of one of its eight Regional Advisory Councils.
The Expression of Interest is in relation to vacancies in the Regional Advisory Councils for the current term which expires in February 2015. All members are volunteers.
Regional Advisory Councils:
· provide advice to the VMC on settlement, multicultural affairs, service delivery and citizenship issues;
· advocate on behalf of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities; and
· promote the benefits of cultural and religious diversity at the local level.
The VMC is seeking applications from:
· local residents;
· representatives of local service providers who have a focus on provision of services to multicultural communities;
· representatives of local business organisations; and
· representatives of local councils.
Three Regional Advisory Councils are based in Metropolitan Melbourne – Eastern, Southern and North West, and five are based in rural and regional Victoria – Barwon South West, Hume, Loddon Mallee, Gippsland and Grampians.
People who are committed to the future of their regions, and who can demonstrate leadership, vision, and the ability to champion regional interests are encouraged to apply.