Working out in the morning kickstarts one’s metabolism and helps you in burning more fat during the day. So make sure you rise early and be prepared to hit the gym, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* Alarm: Adjust your alarm clock to get up earlier than usual to head to the gym, fit in a run or do some Pilates to wake you up.
* Bag: Prepare your bag or kit the night before. If it’s not done then you’ll only use it as an excuse to not get out of bed.
* Snack: If you can’t work out without having eaten first, then it would be advisable to eat a banana. Just a small one, plus bananas are great for slow releasing energy too.
Try and prepare a healthy snack for afterwards too, something that’s rich in protein to help repair your body; boiled eggs are an easy snack as they can be prepared the night before.
* Alcohol: Don’t drink too much alcohol the night before a morning workout as it will only give you a headache and another excuse to stay in bed.
* Bedtime: If you’re getting up earlier than usual then it makes sense to go to bed earlier than normal to make sure your body is well rested.
Now, do you have an excuse for skipping a morning workout session?