1. International Day of Yoga 2016 (IDY 2016) was celebrated with great enthusiasm in Sydney on June 26, 2016. It was held with the iconic Opera House, Harbour Bridge and ANZAC Bridge in the backdrop. The event was inaugurated by Mr Pat Farmer, an ultra-marathon athlete, motivational speaker, and former Australian politician, who recently completed his epic Spirit of India run.
2. The programme began with the screening of video messages by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Sh. Narendra Modi and Hon’ble External Affairs Minister of India, Smt. Sushma Swaraj. Brief message was delivered by Consul General Mr. B. Vanlalvawna. The complete sequence contained in the common yoga protocol comprising yogasanas, kapalbhati, pranayama and mantra chanting was screened for an audience close to 200 persons who performed yoga with the guidance of local teachers.
3. Representatives of ISHA Foundation, Brahmkumaris, Art of Living and other yoga-related organizations participated in the event. The event was organised in conjunction with India Tourism office, Sydney.
4. The photos and video of the today’s events can be seen at the following links:
5. In addition to today’s event, as a part of IDY celebrations in 2016, the Consulate General of India, Sydney had collaborated with various Yoga schools & associations and organised curtain raiser, seminars, workshops etc. The photos of all the events related to IDY 2016 celebrations in Sydney, organised & supported by the consulate can be seen at following link: