“These awards recognise the achievements of staff in the public service and their commitment to delivering quality customer services,” said Mr Baird, who presented the awards to the winners during a ceremony last night in Sydney.
“Each of the finalists has demonstrated their dedication to providing exceptional levels of service and innovation.”
The winner of the 2015 Premier’s Award for Individual Excellence and Achievement is John Filocamo, Operations Manager, Cemeteries and Crematoria NSW.
“John made it his personal mission to assist an Indigenous family reclaim the remains of one of their ancestors who was a member of the Stolen Generation,” Mr Baird said.
“John went above and beyond the call of duty in the service he provided to the family and is a shining example of the dedicated and professional staff who make up our public service.”
Other winners in the individual categories are:
- Providing better support and opportunities to the vulnerable: Juliet Munro, Department of Family and Community Services.
- Making NSW a better place to live: Greg Barclay, Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
- Building stronger and safer communities: Steven Collins, Woy Woy Public School.
- Strengthening the economy and making NSW a better place to do business: Michael Erny, Department of Primary Industries.
The Premier’s Public Sector Award winners in the team categories are:
- Customer focussed delivery: ‘Small Business Support’, Office of the Small Business Commissioner.
- Providing better support and opportunities to the vulnerable: ‘Changing Minds on Mental Health Issues through television documentary and social media.’ South Western Sydney Local Health District, Australian Broadcasting Corporation and Northern Pictures.
- Building stronger and safer communities: ‘Indigenous Police Recruitment Our Way Delivery (IPROWD).’ TAFE NSW – Western Institute.
- Making NSW a better place to live: ‘Sydney Metro Northwest Pre-employment Program.’ TAFE NSW – Western Sydney Institute, Transport for NSW, Breakthru People Solutions, Global Skills, Salini Impregilo JV, Workforce International and Thiess John Holland Dragados. And ‘Northern Beaches Hospital’ Health Infrastructure and Healthscope.
- Strengthening the economy and making NSW a better place to do business: ‘Implementation of Stewardship Contracts for Road Maintenance in Sydney.’ Roads and Maritime Services.